Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sacred 2 and NeverWinter Nights 2: Storm of Zehir

Alright, I missed some games in my list of games earlier.

Sacred 2
is one I just recently found out about and I'm nothing short of stoked about it. The graphics in the videos I've seen so far show a tremendous improvement over the previous. The original Sacred featured you questing through this truly massive world on a series of quests. I'd venture to say that it could rival The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind in size (which is, by the way, one of my favorite RPG's). Sacred 2 appears to be even better than the first. All new classes (except the Seraphim who makes a return) . Also featured is the option to follow a light or dark path. The only exception to this is that the Seraphim can only follow the light path and the Inquisitor can only follow the dark path. An example of how this works is that if you follow the light path you'd be defending a village under attack, if you follow the dark path you'd be the one attacking the village. Oh yeah, Blind Guardian is making an appearance in game. Will it rock? I do believe so.

Storm of Zehir is the second expansion pack to Neverwinter Nights 2. Originally NWN2 had a level cap of 20 which sucked. That means if you want to make it to epic level (level 20) you have to be one class and one class only. The first expansion pack raised the level cap to 30, which was somewhat better because I could now be epic in one class and still have ten levels to mess around with. I really hope the level cap is raised to 40 with this newest expansion pack. One of the cool things about this game is that you have the option to either create a trade empire from the ruined economy of the Sword Coast region, or attack caravans and sell goods on the blackmarket. I'm not sure how much I'll like this game, but if it at least raises the level cap, I'm buying it.

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari