Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Good stuff coming

Okay, so I'm a gamer. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I can't uber-pwn people in every game I play, some games I suck at on multiplayer. But I do know that the gaming industry is releasing some interesting games this fall/winter. Here's just a bit about each game.

Mercenaries 2: World In Flames- August 31st Release Date
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction was a beautiful game. It was an open-ended, sandbox styled, FPS with a destructible environment. Now that the sequel is soon to be released, this little pyro is excited. Featuring enhanced graphics, a new story location, and an even more destructible environment, it sounds like they improved all the good stuff. Oh yeah, there will be explosions, big ones. Its gonna rock.

Spore- September 7th Release Date
A lot of people are excited over this game. You start out with a single microscopic organism trying to survive in a dangerous primordial world where its eat or be eaten. As you eat other organisms, your organism grows and evolves. Eventually, your microbe grows out of the 'cell' phase and it becomes a full sized creature. And as you meet more requirements your creature 'advances' so to speak and it reaches the tribal phase, the civilization phase, and eventually the space phase. Its such a massive game, especially considering at the Space phase you have an entire galaxy to explore allowing you to start new life on other planets, destroy planets, engage in interstellar war, etc. Its such a massive game considering that developers have stated that there is no way you can visit every planet in your lifetime.

Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning- September 16 Release Date
I remember first hearing the rumors of this game a long, long time ago. Now that a release date is announced, I've already begun trying to figure out which class I wanted to take on. Warhammer Online takes place in the Warhammer Fantasy Universe with six (technically seven) races. The Empire, Chaos, Dwarves, Greenskins (composed of Orcs and Goblins), High Elves and Dark Elves. This MMORPG uses new RealmVsRealm combat. Empire vs Chaos, Dwarves vs Greenskins, and High Elves vs Dark Elves. What interests me about this game is how there is a constantly going war between the Empire and Chaos and every action a character partakes in affects the outcome of the War. Each race has unique classes (although each with a general purpose that relates to the others. For example, the Dwarven support class is known as the Runepriest, while the Greenskins support character is the Shaman. Me personally? I'm thinking Chaos Marauder.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed- September 16 Release Date
May the Force be with you... At first I was thinking, "Oh no, not another Star Wars game..." because lets face it, there have been a lot of Star Wars games and not all of them were that great. After watching tech demos though, I feel much better about this game and I eagerly await its arrival. Playing as Darth Vaders secret apprentice, you are a Dark Side user of the Force with missions across the galaxy. I can't wait to Force Crush people.

Fallout 3- October Release Date
Okay, so I've never played the first two Fallout games. But after watching the E3 08 demo, this game has a high level of carnage. Plus, ingenuity after hearing that certain weapons you can construct. Such as a 'rocket launcher' that launches stuff like teddy bears at high velocity.

Fable 2- October 21st Release Date
This is one game I've been waiting for. I've played Fable: The Lost Chapters and thought it was an awesome game, although a bit lacking and only a moderate replay value. The E3 08 demo I saw showed an improvement in graphics, and the moves a player can use are pretty darn cool.

And thats all I have to say about them so far, expect further reviews when the games are released. That is if I can pry myself away from the games long enough :p

No comments:

 

Copyright 2007 ID Media Inc, All Right Reserved. Crafted by Nurudin Jauhari